Approved by Executive Council on April 12, 2005
|1012.1||Provost/VP of Academic Affairs|
Statement of Policy
All non-credit programming, including courses and classes, is defined as all activities organized for the purpose of providing learning opportunities without awarding academic credit for such program/s. Such activities may be one session or multiple sessions and vary in length from one hour to all day (8 hours) or several days. The program/s or course/s are generally limited in size. This policy includes programs for all audiences.
Any and all faculty and/or staff desiring to develop and offer non-credit programs, including courses and classes will follow these procedures:
- Contact the Coordinator for Non-credit Programming at College Auxiliary Services and request and complete the Non-credit Course Scheduling and Information Form.
- Submit the draft form to department/unit chair supervisor for review and signature and transmittal to College Auxiliary Services (with copy to Dean or VP for those areas without a dean).
- Work with the designated CAS Coordinator on all logistical/organizational arrangements necessary to conduct the courses/classes.
- Review all costs and projected revenue and disbursements.
- Submit the final form with all scheduling, financial and programming details completed to department/unit chair supervisor for approval and transmittal to the Dean/VP for approval.
All non-credit programming activities must be in accord with SUNY Plattsburgh's mission and be approved and administered through CAS.
For questions about the Campus Handbook, please contact:
Management Services Office
Office: Kehoe 710-11
Phone: (518) 564-2538
Fax: (518) 564-2540