Policy for Sending and Receiving Print Mail on Campus
|Policy Number||Policy Owner|
|c. 2006||2.0||Major Revisions|
Statement of Policy
Interoffice It is important that the name, department, and building be indicated on all interoffice mail. Mail indicating only an individual's name can be delayed until the department is determined and entered on the envelope. All interoffice mail must be in the 11 x 4" interoffice envelopes or have XXXs in the upper right hand corner. Outgoing Mail
1. Clearly mark all mail requiring special handling, such as Airmail, Registered, Certified, Insured, Special Delivery, Express Mail etc.
2. All mail must be sorted into two (2) trays - on campus mail and off campus mail. Large mailings should be separated into the following two groups: United States and Foreign Mail. When large mailings are anticipated, please call with the college Mail Center.
3. All mail that is to be sealed by machine should be placed in the outgoing basket with all envelopes facing the same way and with the flaps up. The originating department should be clearly indicated on all mail. Pink accounts cards are available for all departments and/or accounts.
4. Any packages weighing over 25 pounds should have a moving request filled out.Mail arriving in the Mailroom after 3:30 p.m. will be delivered to the Post Office the following morning.
Envelope and Post Card Printing
If there is a question regarding the printing of envelopes or post cards, please consult the Mail Center or Printing and Duplicating. Printing must meet Post Office specifications. The maximum size for a post card is 4.25" x 6".
Change of Address
1. Individuals terminating their employment at the college should leave a forwarding address with Human Resources Office and department secretaries. The Mail Center forwards First Class mail up to six months. Change of home address cards should be completed and given to the local Post Office.
2. The Mail Center should be advised of all changes in department deliveries.Standard Bulk Mail - It is advantageous to use Standard Mail when:
a. 200 or more identical pieces are being mailed at the same time, and
b. All pieces are the same weight and size.
c. Zip Code order.
Standard (bulk) Mail requires a little more work on the part of the departments; however, great savings in postage costs can be realized. Contact the college Mail Center for information regarding your bulk mailing requirements.
United Parcel Service
All UPS shipments for the college are processed through the college Mailroom. UPS is extremely cost effective to ship packages.
The Mail Center handles only registered, insured, and certified student mail. Any mail not properly addressed and/or without a stamp will be returned to the sender. Delivery service to dorms is available through inter campus mail.
All next day delivery service is to be processed through the Mail Center along with a completed overnight mail service request form. Vendors available are USPS, UPS, FedEx, and DHL. The Mail Center can help select the appropriate source to provide the service required at the lowest cost.
For questions about the Campus Handbook, please contact:
Management Services Office
Office: Kehoe 710-11
Phone: (518) 564-2538
Fax: (518) 564-2540