SUNY Plattsburgh Computer Classroom Use Policies and Procedures
Computer-use privileges are limited to currently registered students of SUNYPlattsburgh, SUNY Plattsburgh faculty/staff, and to Clinton Community Students who have paid the Educational Technology Fee.
Computer-use policies and procedures
The following policies govern use at the SUNY Plattsburgh Main Campus:
- All computer resources are the property of the SUNY Plattsburgh. Please have your Plattsburgh ID card with you, as that is your key to the room.
- Food and beverages are not allowed. Crumbs and spills increase the probability of hardware failure. They also make the classrooms less attractive and attract vermin.
- Smoking is not allowed in our facilities, as per NY State law.
- Only Computing and Media Services (CMS) staff are authorized to install software. If your instructional goals include the use of software other than that which is currently found on our systems or if they involve modifications to existing system software or settings, please be sure to contact Alyssa Drowlette, Classroom and Lab Support Technician (t. 518-564-5197/e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Please do not leave students in the rooms unattended.
- Help us save electricity on campus: please shut off the computer, projector, and lights when you leave.
- Save your data to a USB device or to network storage. Security software does not allow data saved to the hard drives to be preserved.
- Please be considerate of other users. Do not leave papers, disks, wrappers, etc. on the workstation.
- Please do not remove dry erase markers from the room.
- Make sure that you log-off the computer when you leave. Failure to do so may result in unauthorized use of your account.
- Those using the lab or classroom are expected to apply normal standards of academic ethics and polite conduct.
- If a problem with a computer arises, please follow the Trouble Report Procedures.
- Training for the classrooms is offered before the start of each semester. Please make an effort to attend one of these training sessions.
- Software may not be copied to or from computers. All software is protected by the U.S. copyright laws and/or patents and/or trade secrets licenses. Unauthorized copying of software is not permitted and is against the law.
For more information, please contact:
LITS Classroom and Customer Support Services
Carol Bleaux, Coordinator,
101 Broad St., Plattsburgh, NY 12901
Phone: (518) 564-2434