Securing the Financial Future of SUNY Plattsburgh
Details of the College Response to the NYS Budget Crisis
In light of the recession and the budget implications for the State of New York, the State University of New York as well as SUNY Plattsburgh face a difficult budgetary climate. A series of significant cuts to the SUNY and SUNY Plattsburgh budgets have required actions to deal with both the short- and long-term financial stability of our institutions. The administration at SUNY Plattsburgh has taken proactive steps to thoughtfully address how to respond to continued cuts while protecting our core mission and related functions.
A series of actions have already been implemented and other initiatives are being fully considered as the administration works to close the budget gap. The president and members of his cabinet are grateful for the patience and understanding of the faculty, staff and students, and encourage their continued feedback as we navigate the difficult waters ahead.
Budget Action Updates:
- Memo: SUNY Plattsburgh Budget Update
Issued April 20, 2011
Read the text of this memo
- Memo: Reaction to Gov. Cuomo's Executive Budget
Issued February 1, 2011
Download a copy of this memo (PDF file size 33KB)
- Open Forum: Latest budget update -Powerpoint Presentation.
Issued December 20, 2010
Download a copy of the presentation materials from the open forum (PDF file size 129KB)
- Memo: Mid-year budget cut.
Issued October 27, 2010
Download a copy of this memo (PDF file size 42KB)
- Memo: Proposed furlough of state employees.
Issued May 6, 2010
Download a copy of this memo (PDF file size 57KB)
- Open Forum: Budget news update, facts and figures, and Q&A with members of the administration.
Issued December 9, 2009
Download a copy of the presentation materials from the open forum (PDF file size 70KB)
- Memo: Changing academic course load and introduction of a voluntary separation program.
Issued November 3, 2009
Download a copy of this memo (PDF file size 49KB)
- Memo: Summary of the steps taken to date, the measures to be implemented in the near future and initiatives requiring further study.
Issued May 15, 2009
Download a copy of this memo (PDF file size 71KB)
Note: these documents requires the latest version of Acrobat Reader, which is available as a free download.
Office of the President
Office: 159 Hawkins Hall
Address: 101 Broad Street, Plattsburgh, New York 12901
Phone: (518) 564-2010
Fax: (518) 564-3932