Office of Student Activities at SUNY Plattsburgh
Housed under the umbrella of the Center for Student Involvement, the office of Student Activities reminds you that there certainly is not a lack of things to do at SUNY Plattsburgh. Our office coordinates monthly Random Days of Fun such as International Talk Like a Pirate Day, Bubble Wrap Appreciation Day, and Licorice Day, just to name a few. These activities occur in the Angell College Center Lobby (outside our office) from time to time.
We also coordinate Late Night Weekends at the Sundowner on Friday and Saturday nights. Join us in the Angell College Center every Friday and Saturday night starting at 9 PM for a wide range of fun events. Past activities have included musicians, comedians, dance parties, board games, trivia competitions, and video games. Look for free refreshments and great give away prizes too!
Student Activities also encourages students to check out the Student Association’s Activities Coordination Board, comprised of seven subcommittees, each with their own focus.
Want to learn more? Need help getting involved? Stop by the Center for Student Involvement for more information and follow us on Facebook.
Activities Coordination Board
The Activities Coordination Board is part of the Student Association that programs events for the student body. It consists of seven student committees including:
- The Athletics Committee works to promote school spirit and support our intercollegiate athletic teams. Members attend games, do give aways and help plan special events such as Cardinal Madness.
- The Coffeehouse Committee plans, hosts, and performs at bi-weekly Coffeehouse events. The Committee also selects a few visiting performers each semester.
- The Entertainment Committee researches, selects, and promotes a wide range of entertainers on campus. Previous acts have included comedians, magicians, hypnotists, and musicians.
- The Films Committee selects movies to show on campus at a bi-weekly series. Look for them on Free Popcorn Fridays.
- The Novelties Committee plans events that fall outside the scope of other committees and helps to promote involvement through various fun activities. Past events have included the weekly prize wheel, Trivia Night, inflatables, photo booths, and much more.
- The Special Events Committee plans for three major events – Opening Weekend, the Presidents’ Gala, and the Spring Carnival. These “signature” events are greatly anticipated on campus and the committee works hard to make them memorable!
- The Trips Committee plans a variety of trips in the region. Previous trips have included ski trips, white water rafting, shopping, Broadway shows, and amusement parks.
Clubs and Organizations Affairs Board
The Student Association’s Clubs and Organizations Affairs Board (COAB) is a student-run board that promotes club and organization growth. COAB does the following:
- Coordinates Club & Organization Officer Training each semester;
- Hosts the Involvement Fair in the Fall and the Club Fair in the spring;
- Reviews clubs and organizations annually through the Club Accreditation Process and makes recommendations to the Student Association Senate for the continuation of recognition;
- Assists in the annual recognition process for SA sponsored and recognized groups;
- Oversees the new club/organization recognition process;
- Assists clubs and organizations in interpreting SA and college policies/procedures;
- Mediates disputes/conflicts involving SA recognized or sponsored organizations;
- Develops initiatives to create better relationships between clubs and organizations, the Student Association and the College, including the administration of Collaboration Grants of up to $250.
- Partners with Organization Development to create resources and leadership development opportunities for club and organization leaders.
COAB is chaired by the Student Association Vice President of Organizations and consists of up to nine voting student members. To get involved with COAB, contact the Student Association at (518) 564-3200.
Late Night Weekends at the Sundowner
Late Night Weekends at the Sundowner are held on Friday and Saturday nights. Past activities have included musicians, comedians, dance parties, board games, trivia competitions, and more. Look for free refreshments and great give away prizes too!
Come join the fun and go all night with Late Night Weekends at the Sundowner in the Angell College Center! All events take place from 9 p.m. to 12 a.m. on Friday and Saturday nights in the Sundowner Café.
Join us on Facebook to stay up-to-date with the events for this weekend.
For more information about student activities at SUNY Plattsburgh, please contact:
Cori Jackson, Director the Center for Student Involvement
Office: Center for Student Involvement
Location: Angell College Center 110
Phone: (518) 564-4830