SUNY Plattsburgh LGBTQA Online Resource Center
Thank you for visiting Plattsburgh State’s LGBTQA Online Resource Center and SAFE SPACE website. The intent of this site is to provide resources for all members of our campus community, for our lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer and questioning members, along with faculty, staff and students who are or wish to become active and resourceful allies. This site will feature National, Local and Campus resources for all community members who are looking for more information and networks of support. This site will also post regular updates regarding upcoming SAFE SPACE trainings and events.
The Mission of SAFE SPACE is to help create an inclusive and safe campus environment for our LGBTQ students, staff and faculty.
Upcoming SAFE SPACE Events and Trainings:
Online Resource Guide!
Goal of the Website: To provide information and resources to the SUNY Plattsburgh community at-large about LGBTQA issues, concerns and needs.
National Resources: Resources available at the national level.
- GLBT Near Me = http://www.glbtnearme.org/
- Human Rights Campaign = http://www.hrc.org/resources/entry/key-lgbt-health-resources
- CDC = http://www.hrc.org/resources/entry/key-lgbt-health-resources
- Hampton Roads = http://www.hrbor.org/pages/NationalLGBTResources
- PFLAG = http://www.hrbor.org/pages/NationalLGBTResources
- IT GETS BETTER Project = www.itgetsbetter.org
- Trevor Project = www.TheTrevorProject.org
Local/Regional Resources: Resources available to the within the greater Plattsburgh/Burlington area.
- Planned Parenthood = http://www.plannedparenthood.org/health-center/
- RU12 Burlington = http://www.ru12.org/
- Outright Vermon t= http://www.outrightvt.org/
- NYS TransGuide = http://www.nytransguide.org/health-services-by-region
Campus Resources: Resources available specifically for SUNY Plattsburgh students offered by campus offices.
- Rhema Lewis, Health Educator, Outreach Coordinator & Sexual Assault Victim’s advocate - (518) 564-4830, email@example.com
- Butterfly Blaise, Title IX Coordinator - (518) 564-3310, Title.IX@plattsburgh.edu
- Student Health Center - (518) 564-2187, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Counseling Services - (518) 564-3086
- Housing and Residence Life (Gender Inclusive Housing) - (518) 564-3824, email@example.com
For more information about the Health Education and Outreach at SUNY Plattsburgh, please contact:
Rhema Lewis, Health Educator and Outreach Coordinator
Office: Center for Student Involvement
Location: Angell College Center 110
Phone: (518) 564-4830