Personal Career Coaching
Q: What’s the value of having a personal career counselor coach you through your career plan?
Our credentials. The CDC career counseling team has over 25 years of experience helping others develop and manage successful careers. We have specialized training in MBTI, True Colors, StrengthsQuest and more. And we understand the challenges you’re facing, and the complexities of the various job markets out there.
With a career counselor, you will get personalized career assessment interpretation focused on your aspirations and we’ll also help you build a great network as you begin your career journey.
How We Can Help
We can help you with a variety of topics, including
- Clarifying career options that align with your values, interests and abilities.
- Developing your career documents, like resumes, cover letters, grad school essays and more.
- Steering you toward resources to help you investigate industries, occupations and work-issues.
- Connecting you with working professionals who are willing to network and mentor with you.
- Crafting a strategic job search.
- Practicing for a job interview and preparing you for unexpected situations.
- Helping you negotiate a job offer and weigh your options.
How to make an appointment with us:
- Visit our online calendar pages to schedule your own appointment
- Call us at (518) 564-2071
- Stop in at 118 ACC. We’re open 8:00-4:30 Monday-Friday, with walk-in (quick help) hours noon to 2:00 each day.
To learn more about the Career Development Center at SUNY Plattsburgh, please contact:
Career Development Center
Phone (518) 564-2071