Career Development Information for SUNY Plattsburgh Students
You will spend many years in the workforce, so you need to like what you do…and you need to know how to navigate your way through those years to reach your goals. The Career Development Center (CDC) is ready to help.
What Can the CDC Do For Me?
- Personal Career Coaching and support
- Walk in/Drop in hours for quick questions
- Career Assessments and exploration
- Help you clarify your choice of major in college
- CardinalConnect - your online career services portal
- Major-to-Career Guides
- Resumes and Cover Letters
- Practice Interviews
- On-campus recruiting
- Career Events (networking nights, annual career fair, etc.)
- Salary information, negotiation and job offers/declines
- Informational interviews with alumni
- Graduate school exploration and advising
When Should I Start?
Now. (Really!) There’s a lot involved and it can be a lot of fun learning about yourself along the way. Check out our College to Career overview for a summary of what you need to start thinking about during each year of your college career, and download our series to learn more:
- Main office is 118 Angell College Center.
- Monday through Friday 8:00 am to 4:30 pm (academic year).
- We also offer extended hours, varied each semester. Please call for this semester’s hours.
Policies You Should Know
Please take a moment to familiarize yourself with our student and alumni user policies.
- Student/alumni client use agreement
- No show policy for missed interviews
- No show policy for missed individual career counseling appointments
To learn more about the Career Development Center at SUNY Plattsburgh, please contact:
Career Development Center
Phone (518) 564-2071