Interfraternity Council (IFC)
Purpose: We empower fraternities to be values-driven organizations.
Vision: To be a values-driven culture that creates better men.
Mission: The mission of the Interfraternity Council is to create order by defining common values and community standards to guide and support fraternities in constancy of purpose.
Values: Integrity, Friendship, Scholarship, Leadership, Service
Additionally, it is the function of the Interfraternity Council to:
- Provide and act as the representative central government of the men's fraternities
- Promote harmonious relations among fraternities
- Promote and support the charitable programs of each fraternity chapter
- Standardize, control, and regulate the recruitment and new member education activities of the men's fraternities
- Act as the judicial body for fraternity violations, IFC rules, and/or other violations that impair the Fraternity Community
- Promote fraternal expansion
- Enforce that fraternities maintain accreditation through the Fraternal Excellence Initiative
- Be a resource for all fraternal endeavors to promote growth for fraternities and the community
- Communicate and advocate the values fraternities were founded upon
- Act as a resource for organizations to reach individual goals
- Facilitate and help promote personal, interpersonal, and organizational integrity
The Constitution and Bylaws for the Interfraternity Council can be found here.
The Standards Code of the Interfraternity Council can be found here.
Interfraternity Council Executive Board
VP for Standards
The Interfraternity Council Vice Presidents have the responsibility of serving as a resource to all fraternity men in the areas of scholarship, diversity, recruitment, risk management, public relations and leadership. In addition, they are responsible for serving as liaisons to the IFC/ISA programming committees. The Vice Presidents will also assume responsibility for the financial management and official record keeping of all IFC meetings.
IFC Member Organizations
- Alpha Delta Phi Society
- Alpha Phi Alpha Fraternity, Inc.
- Alpha Sigma Phi National Fraternity
- Chi Phi National Fraternity
- Delta Sigma Phi National Fraternity
- La Unidad Latina, Lambda Upsilon Lambda Fraternity, Incorporated
- Phi Iota Alpha Fraternity, Inc.
- Phi Mu Delta National Fraternity
- Pi Alpha Nu Regional Fraternity
- Pi Kappa Phi National Fraternity
- Sigma Tau Gamma National Fraternity
- Tau Kappa Epsilon National Fraternity
- Theta Gamma Regional Fraternity
- Zeta Beta Tau National Fraternity
Programming committees are supervised collectively by the Interfraternity Council and Inter-Sorority Association and can be found here.
For more information about Fraternity/Sorority Life at SUNY Plattsburgh, please contact:
Director of Fraternity/Sorority Life
Angell College Center 106
Phone: (518) 564-4825