Inter-Sorority Association (ISA)
The Inter-Sorority Association (ISA) is the governing and advisory body of the sororities at SUNY Plattsburgh.
Purpose: We empower sororities to be values-driven organizations.
Vision: To be a values-driven culture that creates better women.
Mission: The mission of the Inter-Sorority Association is to create order by defining common values and community standards to guide and support fraternities and sororities in constancy of purpose.
Additionally, the function of the Inter-Sorority Association is to:
- Provide and act as the representative central government of the sororities;
- Promote harmonious relations among sororities;
- Promote and support the charitable programs of each sorority chapter;
- Standardize, control, and regulate the recruitment and new member education activities of the sororities;
- Act as the judicial body for sorority violations, ISA rules, and/or other violations that impair the Sorority Community;
- Promote fraternal expansion;
- Enforce that sororities maintain accreditation through the Fraternal Excellence Initiative;
- Be a resource for all fraternal endeavors to promote growth for sororities and the community;
- Communicate and advocate the values sororities were founded upon;
- Act as a resource for organizations to reach individual goals;
- Facilitate and help promote personal, interpersonal, and organizational integrity.
The Constitution and Bylawsfor the Inter-Sorority Association can be found here.
The Standards Code of the Inter-Sorority Association can be found here.
Inter-Sorority Association Council Executive Board
VP of Standards
The Inter-Sorority Association Vice Presidents have the responsibility of serving as a resource to all sorority women in the areas of scholarship, diversity, recruitment, risk management, public relations and leadership. In addition, they are responsible for serving as liaisons to the IFC/ISA programming committees. The Vice Presidents will also assume responsibility for the financial management and official record keeping of all ISA meetings.
Amanda Li Furnari
Programming committees are supervised collectively by the Interfraternity Council and Inter-Sorority Association and can be found here.
ISA Member Organizations
- Alpha Delta Phi Society
- Alpha Epsilon Phi National Sorority
- Alpha Phi International Fraternity
- Delta Phi Epsilon International Sorority
- Lambda Theta Alpha Latin Sorority, Inc.
- Omega Phi Beta Sorority, Inc.
- Sigma Delta Tau National Sorority
- Sigma Lambda Upsilon/Señoritas Latinas Unidas Sorority, Inc.
- Theta Alpha Lambda Local Sorority
- Theta Phi Alpha Fraternity
- Theta Nu Xi Multicultural Sorority, Inc.
For more information about Fraternity/Sorority Life at SUNY Plattsburgh, please contact:
Director of Fraternity/Sorority Life
Angell College Center 106
Phone: (518) 564-4825