Campus Committee for Environmental Responsibility at SUNY Plattsburgh
Have a Green Suggestion?
The Campus Committee for Environmental Responsibility aims to enhance the environmental standards and ideals of SUNY Plattsburgh.
We meet three times a semester to discuss the feasibility of student, faculty, and staff ideas to lessen the College's ecological footprint. Our members include faculty, non-teaching professionals, staff, and students.
The committee solicits bigger ideas that require funding. The new campus green fee, associated with class registration, will provide the funding for those ideas that CCER finds feasible and appropriate.
If you are interested in applying for the "Green Grant," please fill out the Green Grant application form. Applications for Green Grants are due no later than the 10th week of every semester. Applicants must also make contact with one of the co-chairs of CCER in order to receive consultation on the best way to proceed. The final draft of a Green Grant Application should be e-mailed to either of the co-chairs.
- To generate ideas on how to further the environmental awareness of the college, and then implement measures to "green up" the campus
- To serve as a resouce in which students, faculty, staff, clubs and community members can submit their ideas and plans pertaining to the environment, either electronically or in person, and receive feedback on the feasibility of their plan, and counsel in the steps to take to implement it
- To allocate funds raised by the green energy referendum passed by the student senate
Note: some of these files requires Acrobat Reader, which is available as a free download.
- Quick Suggestion Form. Use this webform form to send us your ideas that don't need funding.
- Green Grant Application Form (PDF file size 180KB)
- 2010/2011 Annual Report (PDF file size 1.24MB)
Questions, Comments, Suggestions?
If you would like more information about environmental responsibility at SUNY Plattsburgh, please contact
Curt Gervich, Chair
Phone: (518) 564-4030