Student Health and Counseling Center



Learn About

Information For


Patient Complaint Procedure

The Student Health and Counseling Center staff strives to provide medical care and counseling consistent with professional norms, that demonstrates respect for every student and is sensitive to the diversity that is present in those that we serve.

If we are not meeting these standards with you, then we encourage you to let us know.

What You Can Do

First, you may take your concern directly to your counselor, medical provider or other staff member and attempt to resolve the issue (s) with him/her.

If that interaction does not result in a satisfactory solution, or you are uncomfortable speaking directly with your counselor, medical provider or other staff member about your concern, you may request to speak with either the Assistant Director for Counseling Services at (518) 564-3086, or the Assistant Director for Medical Services or the Center’s Medical Director at (518) 564-2187.

If your concern is about the Medical Director, you may contact the Vice President for Student Affairs at (518) 564-2280.

Download Grievance Form

You may also complete and submit a Grievance Form to the Center. Note: this document requires Acrobat Reader, which is available as a free download.



Contact Information

Telephone :

  • Student Health: (518) 564-2187
  • Counseling Services: (518) 564-3086
  • Emergency Services: Call 911 or University Police at (518) 564-2022

Fax :

  • Health Center (518) 564-2188
  • Counseling Services (518) 564-2376


Mailing Address

Student Health and Counseling Center
State University of New York College at Plattsburgh
101 Broad Street
Plattsburgh, NY 12901