On-Campus Housing Guide

Getting Started (What to Expect)

Residence Halls

Things You Need to Know



Procedures for Dorm Changing Rooms

When warranted, students may request a change in their living situation, following these procedures:

  1. If you are considering changing your room, you must first talk with a Residence Life Team Member within your building (RA, RD, CA) to discuss your situation.
  2. If your situation cannot be solved through the interaction with the Residence Life Team Member within your building, you can visit the Housing and Residence Life Office to make arrangements for a Room Change.
  3. All room changes must be approved and arranged, through the Housing and Residence Life Office, before the actual physical move is to take place.
  4. The physical move may only take place at certain times during the semester, and students will be apprised as to when the move can take place.
  5. Your ID card is programmed with necessary security access for your residence hall. Changing buildings requires an update to this programming. To accommodate your physical move, you will have 24 hours of access to the room you are vacating, from the time the move is approved.
  6. Room Changes taking place between the end of Fall semester and the start of the Spring semester, must be approved and pre-arranged before the last week of the Fall semester. Students who have prearranged to move for the Spring semester must remove all belongings from the room they are vacating before leaving for the Winter Break.  Students can then complete the physical move to their new room before leaving for the Winter Break if the spot in the new room is vacated, or when they return to campus for the Spring semester.
  7. If a student’s room, with a vacancy, is not set up to receive a new occupant (i.e. room set up for single occupancy) over College Breaks, that student will be asked to return to campus to move their belongings and set the room up as a double, or will be billed as appropriate for set-up or single occupancy.

Contact Information

If you have any questions about housing or residence life at SUNY Plattsburgh, please contact:

Trisha Pellerin, Assistant Director of Housing
Housing & Residence Life Office
Algonquin Hall 103
Office Hours: Monday-Friday 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.  
Phone: (518) 564-3824
Email: housing@plattsburgh.edu