- When does online registration for Orientation begin?
- How do I register for Orientation?
- What if I need to change my session?
- Do I have to attend Orientation? Is it mandatory?
- What if I cannot attend Orientation?
- Do I have to attend the entire program?
- What time does Orientation begin and end?
- I am a local student, can I commute from home?
- Do family members have to attend with their student?
- Where will my family stay during orientation?
- Is there a meal plan included for family members?
- Will I take placements exams at Orientation?
- What should I bring?
- Do I need to have my health forms turned in by Orientation?
- When will I find out about my housing assignment for the Fall Semester?
Answer: Online registration begins June 1, 2018 for all deposit paid students. You will receive an email with your session assignment as well as a link to the registration page.
- Log into my.plattsburgh.edu
- Click on the Admissions Tab
- Click on "Register for Orientation" link
- Confirm or change your Orientation session
- Fill out Registration Form
- Complete your registration by clicking SUBMIT
- Complete Introduction to Academic Life at SUNY Plattsburgh
- Take Online Placement Exams
- Failure to complete the Introduction to Academic Life and Placement Exams prior to your Orientation session could result in not being able to register for your classes!
- Students and guests must register for a session 3 business days prior to the program start date. Students attempting to register for a program after this time may not have a course schedule ready at the start of Orientation.
Answer::If you are unable to make the session that you are assigned you will have the opportunity to change your session when you go to the registration page. No session changes will be made prior to the start of online registration.
Answer: It is expected that you make every effort to attend an Orientation session.
Answer: It is very important to attend Orientation. By not attending you will miss out on crucial information and opportunities to interact with other students. You will not be able to register for your classes until after all of the orientation session have ended; at which time the college will contact you to set up your fall schedule. This could limit the availability of some classes for the fall semester. You will be more successful in your first year if you attend orientation. In addition, you will have a lot of fun if you attend!
Answer: Yes, it is required that you attend the entire program.
Answer: Check-in is from 3-5 p.m. in Whiteface Hall for students and family members. Your session will end by noon on the last day.
Answer: No, all students are expected to stay on campus for the duration of the program.
Answer: No, but about 65% of students have at least one family member attend their orientation session. Family members have a separate Orientation program.
Answer: Family members are responsible for making their own housing arrangements while here for Orientation. Local listings are available through the City of Plattsburgh and the Plattsburgh North Country Chamber.
Answer: No, family members are responsible for their own meals.On-campus dining facilities will be open, so parents can pay as you go and eat on-campus or eat on their own at nearby restaurants.
Answer: No, all placement exams will be processed online and will need to be completed prior to you attending your Orientation session.
Answer: We suggest you bring the following items.
Answer: Your Health Form and Immunization Records are due before the start of the semester. If you haven't already sent them in, please bring them with you to Orientation. Please keep in mind that if you do not submit or bring your Immunization Record, you will not be in compliance with New York regarding immunization records.
Answer: Housing assignments will be completed following the conclusion of Orientation. Feel free to contact the Housing Office at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
For more information or questions about New Student Orientation at SUNY Plattsburgh, please contact:
Office: Kehoe 602
Phone: (518) 564-3282