Group Activity Room
The Group Activity Room on the bottom floor of Memorial is used by the Fitness Center for group exercise spinning and kickboxing classes and the Recreational Sports program for the Martial Arts Sports Club. Recognized student groups can reserved time for practices when room is not scheduled for departmental programming.
Student group leaders must fill out a Group Activity Room Agreement Form. The schedule is posted weekly on the Group Activity Room door and emailed to group leaders.
Groups using activity room agree to abide by the following policies when using the activity room for practices. Failure to follow these policies will result in the cancellation of present semester scheduling and future requests will be denied.
- Only current Plattsburgh State faculty, staff, and/or students may participate.
- No food or drinks in activity room.
- Members will wear appropriate footwear.
- Groups may not use the Fitness Center sound system in activity room. They must provide their own sound system.
- Groups will make sure activity room is picked up and everything returned at the end of practices.
- Groups will only use activity room when assigned. They understand their scheduled times will be canceled due to departmental programming. Groups will be notified if conflict in scheduling arises.
- Leadership and members of the club will treat all Memorial Hall employees with respect and accept their directions and decisions.
- Concerns about use of room, scheduling cancellations, and rescheduling issues can be addressed to Melissa LaMere email@example.com.
- Please request the Fitness Center Staff at the front desk to unlock room during scheduled times only
- Racquetball courts may not be used for practices.
- Each group is asked to be out by scheduled end time, and the next group must wait for prior group to leave before entering.
- Groups are not to use equipment left in room unless previously authorized.
Karen Waterbury, Recreational Sports Director
312 Memorial Hall
101 Broad Street
Plattsburgh NY 12901
Phone: (518) 564-4150
Fax: (518) 564-4155