Intramural Indoor Soccer Rules
No varsity intercollegiate players are eligible to participate. If they dressed for one intercollegiate game - ineligible
A team may only have one 5th year varsity per team. This is an intercollegiate player who has participated 4 years within the intercollegiate program and is still a student.
A floor captain must be designed for each team. They alone may discuss problems with the officials. Remember, "zero tolerance" for harassing officials. Clear up any problems prior to the start of each game particularly questions concerning eligibility of players.
IDs/Roster checks may be conducted at anytime.
- A team consists of 5 players and one goalkeeper.
- No off sides
- Each game consists of two 15-minute halves with running time. If a game ends in a tie, tie will be broken by 4 penalty kicks per team.
- A ball hitting above the bleachers and/or the ceiling or any supporting structures will be followed by indirect kick for the opposite team, from the spot that the ball was kicked.
- All sidewalls and bleachers are considered in the field of play.
- Over the end line by offense - goal kick; over end line by defense - corner kick taken on the outer most white line on the track
- Goalkeepers CANNOT kick. Everything must be thrown and must bounce before centerline. Exception, free kick
- Substitution maybe done on the fly while ball is in play.
- Opposing players must be five yards from free kicks. Free kicks will be taken from the point of the foul with the exception of penalty, corner, and goal kicks.
Unsportsman Penalties: Anything considered dangerous play
- Sliding tackles
- Board checking
- Low header
- High Kicks
Direct or penalty kick plus removal of player from game for penalty time
- First Offense One minute
- Second Offense Two Minute
- Third Offense Removal of player from further play and suspension from league as decided by Intramural Staff.
Karen Waterbury, Recreational Sports Associate Director
312 Memorial Hall
101 Broad Street
Plattsburgh NY 12901
Phone: (518) 564-4150
Fax: (518) 564-4155
Email: [email protected]