American Red Cross CPR Renewal
Who May Enroll?
SUNY Plattsburgh students, faculty and staff with current certification. Only available during Fall and Spring semesters.
American Red Cross CPR and First Aid cards are issued for 2 years. Even though certification will be for two years, lifeguards must renew every year. All others should check hiring agency for how often they will be requiring to renew their CPR/AED certification.
All students who need to renew their CPR should review the following material and skill sequences for appropriate CPR level before coming to lab for testing.
Prior to skill testing and written test, review for layperson CPR or Professional Rescuer material, go http://redcrossrefresher.com/
CPR Certification Renewal Procedures
Register at 312 Memorial Hall (Main office)
- Show current CPR card at time of registration:
- American Red Cross cards are issued for 2 years. Participants must renew within 2 years from date on card.
- Pay $35.00 course fee and get receipt
CPR Lab Schedule and Procedures
- Check CPR Lab schedule and procedures. CPR Lab
- Sign-up for a lab on sign-up form posted outside 209 Memorial (CPR Lab)
- Go to scheduled lab, give lab instructor the receipt and sign-in
- Use as many lab periods to practice and pass practical testing of appropriate CPR skills.
- If renewing for Professional Rescue (vs Lay Person), participant must take written test within three days in 312 Memorial Hall (main office). Office hours 8am-12pm & 1-4pm.
- Certification is provided directly from American Red Cross via email.
For more information about Recreational Sports at SUNY Plattsburgh, please contact:
Karen Waterbury, Recreational Sports Director
312 Memorial Hall
101 Broad Street
Plattsburgh NY 12901
Phone: (518) 564-4150
Fax: (518) 564-4155
Email: [email protected]