What to Do After an Assault
If you or someone you know has experienced domestic violence, dating violence, stalking or sexual assault, we are here to help.
You are not alone & it is never your fault.
SUNY Plattsburgh will be responsive, empathic, and considerate to individuals reporting these serious crimes. Protection of individuals who have experienced trauma, and the prevention of continued trauma, is our priority. You deserve to be safe.
If You are Sexually or Otherwise Assaulted on Campus
- Get to a safe place as soon as you can.
- If an emergency, call 911 or contact SUNY Plattsburgh University Police at (518) 564-2022.
- If you are wishing to or thinking about reporting: try to preserve all physical evidence:
- Do Not shower/bathe/wash, change clothing, comb hair, drink or eat, or do anything that would alter a physical exam.
- Do not launder clothing and/or bedding or throw away anything that can be used as evidence.
- Get immediate care for physical trauma.
Assaults, sexual or otherwise are crimes. Individuals who have been assaulted have the right to pursue adjudication of crimes that occur on the SUNY Plattsburgh campus through criminal courts and/or through the campus judicial process.
Title IX Coordinator
Office: Hawkins 151
Phone: (518) 564-3281
Email: [email protected]