Self-Care After an Assault or Sexual Violence
SELF-CARE: You Matter. Taking care of yourself is not selfish. It is necessary.
What is Self-Care?
Self-care is taking the time to care for your mental, emotional, spiritual, and physical well-being
Ideas for Self-Care
- Discover what’s valuable to YOU and live in a way that reflects that.
- Make time to connect with yourself and spend time alone.
- Surround yourself with people who love and support you.
- Learn and use grounding techniques.
- Exercise & Eat Healthy Foods.
- Get regular check-ups for physical & emotional health.
- Try something new & healthy.
- Join a club on campus.
- Go for a walk.
- Grab a coffee.
- Read a book or watch a film.
- Do what makes you happy.
Important Numbers & Resources
- Student Health Services: (518) 564-2187
- Student Psychological Services: (518) 564-3086
- Clinton County Mental Health Clinic: (518) 561-0100
- Clinton County Suicide Preventions Hotline: 1 (866) PREVENT (1-966-3836)
- BHSN – Adult Clinic & Services: (518) 563-8000
- Planned Parenthood of the North Country New York: (518) 561-4430
- Clinton County Health Department: (518) 565-4848
- Clinton County Department of Social Services: (518) 565-3300
- Violence Prevention Education and Outreach Coordinator: (518) 564-3281
Title IX Coordinator
Office: Hawkins 151
Phone: (518) 564-3281
Email: [email protected]